Lensfield scores high in 2018 NHS England GP Patient Survey
Thank you all for taking part and supporting Lensfield Medical Practice. Please continue to feedback your experience of the services we deliver for you.
To view the results please click on the link below or cut and paste in to your browser:
We are pleased to announce the start of our Extended Hours Service. GP and Nurse appointments will be offered Sat 08:00 - 20:00 and Sun 08:00 - 14:00 in addition to weekday evenings 18:00 - 22:00.
The service is run by our local GP Network. CGPN is a collaboration of Cambridgeshire practices formed to enable us to offer our patients greater choice and extended practice hours. This service operates from:
Nuffield Road Medical Centre, 10 Pippin Dr, Cambridge CB4 1GL
To book an appointment please call the practice and ask Reception
Minor Eye Conditions Service
This is a free NHS service available from specially trained Optometrists in the Cambridge area. This is available for patients over 16 years of age with the following conditions:
- Red eyes, red lids
- Dry, gritty, uncomfortable eyes
- Irritated, inflamed eyes
- Sticky discharge, watering eyes
- Ingrown eyelashes
- Foreign bodies in the eye
- Some types of flashes/ floaters
- Recent and sudden loss of vision.
Click here fore more information
NHS at 70 - Dr Clare Goodhart talks to the Department of International Development
Since 2013, Lensfield Partner Dr Clare Goodhart, has been regularly volunteering with an international family planning skills exchange . She helped to develop http://www.USHAPE.org which trains family planning advocates and providers in rural Uganda. This is a part of the world high fertility and maternal mortality rates, where there is a desperate shortage of accurate information and skills, and where family planning really can save lives and lift families out of poverty. The initiative aims for sustainability by training Ugandan trainers to teach their health worker colleagues and students. The work has attracted grants from the Department for International Development and is now managed by the Margaret Pyke Trust who hope to scale up the initiative in Uganda and beyond.
Fantastic New Mental Health Services Website -
Counselling / CBT Self-Referral
The Psychological Wellbeing Service (IAPT) offers psychological treatments across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough. If you would like support, please discuss a referral with your GP or alternatively you may also refer yourself directly via the Internet (preferred option) at: www.cpft.nhs.uk
or Telephone: 0300 300 0055
NHS Physiotherapy Self-Referral
What is Physio Direct?
Physio Direct is a telephone self referral service which has been set up to provide early advice and management for adults with back/neck/joint problems or following injuries. You do not need a GP referral to access this service.
HELP US TO HELP YOU!
Ask our receptionists for a login so that you can use our website to the full.
- Order repeat prescriptions on-line
- You can order all your repeat medications without having to put pen to paper or find your last counterfoil!
- Synchronise your medications. It is a good idea to help us to synchronise your medications by a one off adjustment of the number of tablets you order next time using the 'synchronise medication form'C
- Book appointments on-line.
- You can book (and cancel) appointments for any of the doctors for up to 8 weeks ahead. This should help you ensure that you see the doctor who knows you best
- Consider using telephone appointments. These are available for every doctor each time they consult. It works best if the doctor knows you and you don't think you will need to be examined. There may be leeway as to the time the doctor phones you so please keep you mobile on until you have received the call. Keep us up to date with changes of address, mobile numbers and email.We are increasingly using these to remind you of appointments you have booked and when reviews or blood tests are needed