Minor eye condition service
This is a free NHS service available from specially trained Optometrists in the Cambridge area. This is available for patients over 16 years of age with the following conditions:
- Red eyes, red lids
- Dry, gritty, uncomfortable eyes
- Irritated, inflamed eyes
- Sticky discharge, watering eyes
- Ingrown eyelashes
- Foreign bodies in the eye
- Some types of flashes/ floaters
- Recent and sudden loss of vision.
Where can I go?
- A & I Lask - 42 Chesterton Road, Cambridge, CB4 1EN 01223357303
- Anglia Ruskin University Eye Clinic - East Rd, Cambridge, CB1 1PT 01223698070
- Boots Opticians - 20-21 Lion Yd, Cambridge, CB2 3NA 01223360006
- D Murphy Optometrists, 34 Newmarket Road, Cambridge, CB5 8DT 01223351819
- Specsavers, 13-15 Fitzroy Street, Cambridge, CB1 1ER 01223305241
- Specsavers, 30 Lion Yd, Cambridge, CB2 3NA - 01223366805
If you require immediate onward referral for a serious eye condition this can be arranged DIRECTLY from the clinic without needing a GP referral.
Minor eye conditions Leaflet