Practice Information


You can contact us about a medical or administrative issue by clicking here.

It can help you see the right person for treatment, and could save you a trip to the practice if we can answer questions by phone, video call, or text message.

Answer a few short questions and we will get back to you as soon as we can, definitely within 2 working days. Do not use this for urgent requests

Nurse appointments click here.

Our practice nurses have a wealth of experience and professional skills between them. Nurse appointments are often more appropriate than doctor appointments for the following things:

1. Minor illness such as urinary tract infections, sore throat, ear and eye infections, sinusitis, cough, diarrhoea & vomiting, fever, rashes, sore eyes, constipation, hay fever.
2. Minor injuries such as burns, sprains and minor head injuries
3. Wound care and suture removal
4. Women's health such as general contraception, emergency contraception, vaginal discharge, sexual health screening and cervical smears
5. Travel immunisation
6. Asthma and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
7. Diabetic care

Minor Illness Nurse

Our minor illness nurse can deal with  and prescribe for acute respiratory illness, minor health conditions, simple medication advice and minor infections. She has appointments every day except Wednesday.

Health Care Assistants

We have two health care assistants who can take blood, do ECGs , do diabetic foot checks and minor wound care.


If you cannot attend an appointment for any reason please inform us as soon as possible in order for us to give the slot to someone else.

Home Visits

Home visits can be done by a doctor if you are housebound or too ill to come to the surgery. All requests for home visits will be reviewed by a doctor to ensure they are clinically necessary. If you think you need a home visit please call the practice on the day if possible before 11am as the doctors do home visits in the middle of the working day. We are also able to send a senior nurse practitioner to see you at home if you are aged over 65 and unable to get out of your home due to illness or disability via the Joint Emergency Team.

Sickness Certificates

You do not require a doctor's sickness certificate for any illness lasting seven days or less. Your employer may however require you to complete a self-certification form (SC2) which is available from your employer or on the HMRC website.

Evidence that you are sick

 If you are sick for more than seven days, your employer can ask you to give them some form of medical evidence to support payment of SSP (statutory sick pay).

It is up to your employer to decide whether you are incapable of work. A medical certificate, now called a 'Statement of Fitness for Work’ (see below) from your doctor is strong evidence that you are sick and would normally be accepted, unless there is evidence to prove otherwise. This can also be provided by a hospital doctor if you were not able to work due to being in hospital, or a dentist.

Statement of Fitness for Work - ’Fit Note'

The 'fit note' was introduced on 6 April 2010. With your employer's support, the note will help you return to work sooner by providing more information about the effects of your illness or injury.

For more information see the DirectGov website (where this information was sourced)

Telephone Advice

We offer telephone appointments with practice doctors and nurses. The receptionist will arrange a time window for the to call

Training Practice

Because we are a training practice, we sometimes have Cambridge University Medical Students sitting in with the doctors. The receptionist will let you know if this is so.

If you do not wish the students to attend your consultation, please say.